Part of The Kent Wildfowling & Conservation Association.
The Essex club was formed in 1952 starting as the Leigh and District Gun Club but soon after changed its name to The Leigh on Sea Wildfowlers' Association (LOSWA)
The original memberships was made up largely of inshore fishermen, cocklers and longshoremen from Leigh Old Town, carrying on an old tradition of wildfowling in the Thames Estuary.
we still share that tradition, LOSWA is a group of like minded individuals with common love of the wild estuaries and marsh land. Wildfowling has been a part of the Thames Estuary lifestyle for centuries and still finds a place in those people who cherish the past well as embracing the future